[ltp] Any new info on using PS/2 wheel mice with TPs?

Jon Colverson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:59:10 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Frank Fiene <ffiene@veka.com> wrote:
> I have a Logitech Wheel Trackball and it is working very well.
> Where is the problem?

I have a Microsoft Wheel Mouse. I can use it as a regular two button mouse by
using the "ps/2" protocol in X, but when I use the "imps/2" protocol the mouse
is very erratic (tends to stick to one corner of the screen), presumably
because the wheel data is being mis-interpreted. I have read that this is a
problem specific to ThinkPads and the Linux kernel. Which distribution are you
using? (I heard there was a fix in Mandrake 8.0) What protocol is used for your
trackball in your XF86Config-4?

Thanks,
Jon