[ltp] Any new info on using PS/2 wheel mice with TPs?

Tom Rockwell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:47:40 -0500

IMO, you're better off just buying a USB mouse.  I regularly use a USB
mouse and sometimes a USB keyboard on my Thinkpad.  The mouse is easy to
configure in X and the keyboard doesn't need any configuration at all
(well your distro does have to have USB support...)

USB mice can be hot plugged, which simplifies things a lot if you use
hibernation.

All USB mice talk the same protocol, so config is easy and you can plug
in whatever mouse you happen to have laying around.

MAC mice are convenient for laptops since the cord is shorter (MACs plug
the mouse into the keyboard...).  I have the "iopti Jr" sold under the
Macally brandname.  It is a little smaller than standard mice and easier
to pack.

cheers,
Tom

p.s. sorry I have no info about ps/2 mice :-O