[ltp] T21 pcmcia hell

Manolis Stamatogiannakis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:53:11 +0200 (EET)

Hi,
I am using gentoo on an Thinkpad T21. A couple of months ago pcmcia
services were working fine. But now for no apparent reason I cannot get my
cards working.

cardmgr does not detect any cards unless if I manually use cardctl insert
and cardctl eject to remove them. And even when I use cardctl, the network
interface (my cards are wlan cards) is not configured.

What can I try to solve the problem?
I have recompiled the kernel changing some options, and re-emerged
pcmcia-cs package. Also when I boot I get a message "Can't locate module
ds" even though I have compiled pcmcia support into the kernel. Even when
pcmcia support is compiled as a module though, inserting ds fails (but not
because it can't be found).

I suspect that it is a kernel problem, and that my kernel config got
corrupted somehow.

Thanks,
Manolis