[ltp] 770Z And Xircom PCMCIA NIC Problem

John Tilp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:24:07 +0000

Trying to get a Xircom CE3-10/100 PCMCIA Ethernet card to work
on a 770Z. The card seems to be recognized - two beeps when
booting, no errors in /var/log/messages, card is listed in
/var/lib/pcmcia/stab as:

Xircom CE3-10/100 Fast Ethernet  0  network xirc2ps_cs  0  eth0

and eth0 shows up as started when I /sbin/ifconfig but:
  a) the light on the hub (switch) never comes on
  b) when I ping 192.168.1.1 (known working host) the LED
     on the dongle blinks but "Destination Host Unreachable"

Distro is RH 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7-10 and the card does work
booting into another OS. Where can I learn more about what's
going wrong?

--John Tilp