[ltp] T21 pcmcia hell

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:17:36 -0800

--------------000906080508000904040401

I just installed apt. The install went w/o a hitch - however I have
upgreded to kernel 2.4.20 and apt failed several OS >= tests. These were
all looking for 2.2.0, 2.2.9, 2.4, etc. uname -a shows 2.4.20. What is
confusing this dependency?? Did you have this??

Dan

Romel wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Dan Sawyer wrote:
>

>>I am not sure about the rpm deps for pcmcia <snip>
>>

>I recently went through rpm dependency hell (with an issue other than
>PCMCIA) with RH 8 on a 600E and in the process discovered "apt" (from the Debian side of the tracks)
> and its associated GUI "synaptic" have been ported over to Red Hat.
>
>No longer do I hunt and peck for rpm dependencies. Just select the package
>I want in the end and it grabs all of the required packages. It's also
>saved me in my attempt to make leaner system by removing a package without
>knowing its dependencies.
>
>Both packages can be found at: http://freshrpms.net/apt/

--------------000906080508000904040401

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I just installed apt. The install went w/o a hitch - however I have upgreded
to kernel 2.4.20 and apt failed several OS &gt;= tests. These were all looking
for 2.2.0, 2.2.9, 2.4, etc. uname -a shows 2.4.20. What is confusing this
dependency?? Did you have this??<br>
Dan<br>
Romel wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.44.0301131438330.14345-100000@wondertwins.techbandit.com">
    <pre wrap="">I am not sure about the rpm deps for pcmcia &lt;snip&gt;
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I recently went through rpm dependency hell (with an issue other than
PCMCIA) with RH 8 on a 600E and in the process discovered "apt" (from the Debian side of the tracks)
 and its associated GUI "synaptic" have been ported over to Red Hat.

No longer do I hunt and peck for rpm dependencies. Just select the package
I want in the end and it grabs all of the required packages. It's also
saved me in my attempt to make leaner system by removing a package without
knowing its dependencies.

Both packages can be found at: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://freshrpms.net/apt/">http://freshrpms.net/apt/</a>

  </pre>

--------------000906080508000904040401--