[ltp] tpctl --pm-resume-lid=disable doesn't work

Christoph Schmitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:18:49 +0100

Hi all,

I'm running RedHat 8 on my T22.=20

Unfortunately, I can't get the machine to *not* wake up on opening the=20
lid after Fn-F4, apm --suspend or tpctl -Z. As the little button that=20
senses lid opening is a bit shaky on my machine, it sometimes wakes=20
up on the smallest vibration and runs out of energy overnight.

Is there any known way to reliably turn off the "resume-lid" setting?

Using tpctl to do that looks liks this:

$ tpctl --pm-resume-lid=3Ddisable
tpctl: Resume on event l has been disabled
power management resume events:         capability    current
   lid-opening-initiated?:              Y             Y

Looks like it says it has done it, but the bottom line indicates that=20
nothing happened.

Thanks for any advice,
Christoph

--=20