[ltp] Hibernation on A30, again *sigh*

Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:49:40 +0100

Hi folks,

I own an A30 without a floppy drive. I have spent 3 days now to get
suspend-to-disk working, without success. I installed ps2.exe, but to
my surprise, I can't create an hibernation file anymore (ps2.exe
hfile), like it could be done on my 765. Then I installed windows 2000
_just_ to get the ThinkPad Configuration Utilities working. However,
the option in the Power Management section to create an hibernation
file was missing. I downloaded the stndalhd.exe, but I had to install
vmware to use it, since a floppy drive is needed to extract the files.
When I run phdisk.exe, it first complains about too less disk space,
(my A30 has 384 MB RAM installed and the partition was just formated
and contained 580 MB) and when I tried it on a larger partition, the
hibernation file was created. I rebooted, and my 20 GB linux
partition was trashed, so I think that DOS can not handle such a bug
hard drive correctly. I reinstalled Linux and tried lphdisk, without
success.

So, what should I do to make hibernation work? I have a 580 MB
primary partition at the very beginning of the hard disk, so I think
there should be no problems. I saw an hibernation utuility for windows,
but this does not support W2K, only 98 and NT. Do I relly have to
install a Win98 _just_ to create the hibernation file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG