[thinkpad] [ltp] tpctl

Matthias Posseldt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:14:02 +0100

On Friday 17 January 2003 09:47, David Grindrod wrote:
> I have found on my A31p that all cards need to be physically removed
> before it will suspend when connected to the power. When working on
> battery then it suspends okay.

I can second that on a A30p, but I'm not exactly sure because I use a
rather old PCMCIA Fritz! card which runs in 16 bit mode etc. It's from an
old 233 MHz TP 600.

I have to eject the card or the TP will just beep and not suspend. cardctl
eject doesn't help.

> I tried everything to fix this but could a way to make it work. I
> suspect it is in a hardware feature of some form!

I would say so too, but don't have a new 32bit cardbus card to test.

Ciao, Matthias

--
"If liberty means anything at all,
it means the right to tell people