[ltp] Help for a newbie

Fekete Gabor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:43:27 +0100 (NFT)

Thanks for your help!

I still have one problem. The souncard works only when I install the
modules manually like this :
    /sbin/modprobe sound #dmabuf=1
    /sbin/insmod ad1848
    /sbin/insmod uart401
    /sbin/insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=1 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

but when i want to make them be loaded automatically i hav no sound coming
out of the speakers even though the modules load automatically.
I get no error messages, there is just simply no sound and the player
(mpg123) just runs without error messages.
I use this modules.conf part for the soundcard:

alias sound-slot-0 cs4232
alias char-major-14 cs4232
options sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9 synthirq=5
synthio=0x388

(And it's not the dmabuf parameter's fault :))

Thanks