[ltp] Thinkpad 380Z sound works in Mandrake 9.0

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:28:17 +0000

Todd,

That's great. Sound is a bear with the Thinkpad 380Z CS4237 sound chip!

You may want to try upgrading the MMC-1 Pentium II processor to a MMC-1 Pentium
II 400 MHZ and add a DVD drive too. A toshiba 4X DVD SD-C2202 works well and I
have seen them for as little as $30.00 on ebay. I used the Thinkpad 380Z
hardware maintanance manual as my dis and re-assembly guide.

Both of these upgrades are fairly cheap and easy to do. The most expensive is
the processor, which cost me around $125.00.

Brian