[ltp] Help installing with mwave.

Richard Reina linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:17:09 -0800

I inherited a Thinkpad 600 and happily freed it from Windoze 98 by
installing RedHat 8.0 kernel 2.4.18-14.  I downloaded mwavem-1.0.4 and
installed it.  I did get a warning from ./configure --enable-mwabedd
saying that my running kernel was 2.4.18-14 and my source tree is
2.4.18-14custom -- not sure what this means, how to correct it or if it
matters.  make and make install completed without errors, although there
were some warnings that I could not catch.  However when I run:

mwaved -start

I get:

Starting Mwave modem:
Could not get UART IRQ 3
tp3780i::tp3780I_EnableDSP: Cleaning up
mwave: mwavedd:mwave_init: failed to enable DSP
mwave: mwavedd:mwave_init: failed to initialize

Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can fix it.

Thanks

Richard