mwave wont dial out was Re: [ltp] Help installing with mwave.

iriXx linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:33:15 +0000

sorry.... i dont have an answer... but im having similiar problems...
i also have a thinkpad 600e and im running mandrake 9.0 ... mwave always
worked fine in 8.2, but i cant seem to get it running now...
i'm getting this strange error about 2.4.19-16mdkcustom (thats my
kernel, 2.4.19-16mdk) and the modules create a directory to install into
at /lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdkcustom - which is a bit weird...
i've tried copying the module across to /lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk but
with no success.

in my case the module will load fine, everything looks okay, mwaved
starts fine - but nothing happens when i try to dial out - i've got all
the hacks for devfs.conf in place, checked everything.... even added the
"append= 224000K" (cant remember the exact value i put, sorry) into my
lilo.conf.

what happens is that i'll start kppp, it says 'Modem ready' then
'Initialising modem' and it sticks at that point. i'm not getting any
errors in dmesg, strangely enough, or anything in my logs.... can attach
details if need be....

anyone seen this before?
i had it happen once before but corrected it by disabling the IR with
tpctlir 0. i normally have to disable the IR in windows as well (i
dual-boot).

thanks in advance

m~

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info@copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email