[work] mwave wont dial out was Re: [ltp] Help installing with mwave.

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:30:20 -0600

iriXx wrote:
> Norman Levin wrote:
>
>> | what happens is that i'll start kppp, it says 'Modem ready' then |
>> 'Initialising modem' and it sticks at that point.
>> ** might be a kppp problem - not mwave.  Know this happened in RH8 vs
>> 7.2 which
>> worked straight out (though not with mwave)
>
> thanks... i'll try upgrading kppp (might need to upgrade the whole of
> kde....!!!) and see if that helps... i'm running kde 3 though..

I have noticed that usually when Mwave seems not to work, a restarting brings it
to life.
On my Redhat 8, as root type,
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mwaved restart
--
  After Armageddon, there will be only three things left: Kudzu vines creeping
  over the ruins, Cockroaches feasting on the blackened ashes, and somewhere