[ltp] A31p Modem and Suspend

Wade Hampton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:50:28 -0500

G'day,

I have an A31p Thinkpad.  I love it except for several problems
with Linux.   I have not been able to find solutions to these
problems so am posting to the list (I think for the first time).

Model A31p.  P4 1.7G, RedHat 8.0 updated with 2.4.18-19.8.0

1)  When I suspend it, sometimes it won't come back.  This includes
      shutting the case.  Note, I have hibernation turned off in the
      bios.   My old Toshiba T8000 and 720CT would suspend without
      any problems (except having to do some tricks with sound).  I was
      able to keep the 720C up for over 3 months by daily suspending
      then taking it home and unsuspending.  I haven't been able to
      do this with the much newer and faster IBM.

2)  Has anyone gotten the internal modem to work?  Is anyone
      at IBM listening and/or working on getting this resolved.

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton