[ltp] Newbie --- Thinkpad 600, Redhat 8.0, Sound?

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 06:44:21 +0000

I have Mandrake 9 on a TP600 (2645-51U).  Ever since upgrading to the 2.4=
=20
kernel, I've had sound problems.  As best as I can figure, isapnp doesn't=
 do=20
a good job of autodetecting the CS423x soundcard.  I turned off pnp in th=
e=20
bios and then used sndconfig to configure the SB16 module.  In my install=
,=20
sndconfig chokes on the CS423x driver.  It's useable in that I can hear l=
ocal=20
sound files and system sounds, but not streaming audio.  I've had similar=
=20
problems on a TP600X.  I'd love to hear what you eventually do to get sou=
nd=20
on your machine and how well it works.
Paul