[ltp] X22 Battery life

Tim Bates linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:57:30 +1030

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:48 pm, Ross Burton wrote:
> Would it be sensible for me in future to charge the battery at work, an=
> when its fully charged remove the battery? Can the battery be safely
> removed while the laptop is on and running from mains?

I dunno about the rest of it, but this one's generally not a good idea. W=
hen=20
plugged into the mains, the battery acts as a large capacitor and filters=
 out=20
small spikes and surges in the power supply. While it may be okay for a s=
hort=20
period if time, it is not reccommended to do this too often.

Tim Bates
--=20
tim@bates.id.au