[ltp] X22 Battery life

Ross Burton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
30 Jan 2003 12:46:29 +0000

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 12:27, Tim Bates wrote:
> I dunno about the rest of it, but this one's generally not a good idea. When
> plugged into the mains, the battery acts as a large capacitor and filters out
> small spikes and surges in the power supply. While it may be okay for a short
> period if time, it is not reccommended to do this too often.

Thought so, thanks.

I had thought I read somewhere that you should not leave the battery in
whilst running on mains, or something.  There are too many references on
the web which contradict each other... :(

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                           jabber: ross@nerdfest.org