[ltp] X22 Battery life

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:54:43 +0100

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:46:29 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 12:27, Tim Bates wrote:
> > I dunno about the rest of it, but this one's generally not a good idea. When
> > plugged into the mains, the battery acts as a large capacitor and filters out
> > small spikes and surges in the power supply. While it may be okay for a short
> > period if time, it is not reccommended to do this too often.
>
> Thought so, thanks.
>
> I had thought I read somewhere that you should not leave the battery in
> whilst running on mains, or something.  There are too many references on
> the web which contradict each other... :(

My impression is that running without the battery is no problem, since
the battery is not used when running on AC power. I think I would be a
bad idea to run from battery even when the notebook is connected to AC
power because the battery will die within a few months if you use the
notebook as a desktop replacement every day.

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG