[ltp] Newbie --- Thinkpad 600, Redhat 8.0, Sound?

Gerard van Winssen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:21:22 +0100

Op donderdag 30 januari 2003 07:44, schreef Paul Kaplan:
>  It's useable in that I can
> hear local sound files and system sounds, but not streaming audio.

Sounds (!) familiar, I've seen that people did hear system sounds, but no
music because the volume of the soundsources, like cd, where set to zero in
Kmix or Aumix.
So open Kmix or Aumix to see if the volume is up of the various soundsources.
Mediaplayers like Xmms have A volume button too.

I read that even linuxgurus have slammed their heads to the wall because of
this...:-)

--
Gerard van Winssen
(not A linuxguru)