[ltp] dual-boot with RedHat-8.0

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:06:46 +0100

Greg Matheson wrote:

> One problem I have now is the keyboard layout has changed. On the
> Japanese A21e Windows layout, the '@' was over on the right where the
> '[' normally is on keyboards, next to the Enter key. '[' was where ']'
> normally is.
>
> Now under Linux, the layout is back as it 'should' be. However, I got used
> to the strange positions. The symbols on the keys also now don't
> correspond to what I see on the screen.
>
> Is this connected to ASCII/EBCDIC differences?

This is to do with your keyboard layout. You can make changes
temporarily using Xmodmap, play with it in Xkeycaps, or simply set the
correct type in your XF86config-4 file. I hope that's some use.

One more hint: UK keyboards have the
	"
printed above the
	2
and the
	@
printed above the
	'

US Keyboards are the other way around (and have some other differences).

Richard