[ltp] Hardrive for a 760XL

Alexander Gran linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:54:21 +0200

It actually depends on the bios. Most older ones just ignore the extra spac=
e,=20
and see just as much as they can. This is generally enough to boot lilo and=
 a=20
kernel. The kernel then ignores the bios info and uses the whole drive. I'm=
=20
running a desktop machine (40Mhz) with an 60GB harddrive just fine. Bios se=
e=20
540MB, linux the rest. However I've seen a pentium's board bios not even=20
booting with more than 10GB.

regards
Alex

Am Dienstag, 1. Juli 2003 17:20 schrieb Adam Southerland:
> Nice... 10Gb would be awesome! =3D)
>
> So, any laptop HD should work as long as I have the caddy for it?
>
> I'll see what I can dig up tonight as I'd love to have a bigger HD... =3D)
>
> Adam

=2D --=20
Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
	Linux however is `expert friendly'.
Encrypted Mails welcome. Send spam to toZodiac@gmx.net, please.
PGP-Key at http://zodiac.dnsalias.org/misc/pgpkey.asc | Key-ID: 0x6D7DD291