[ltp] Purchasing New Laptop

Steve Krulewitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:14:02 -0400

> The bluetooth "Combo" card is the modem and bluetooth combined on one
> card.  it is unrelated to the wireless card.

And from what I understand (told to me by IBM) is that this part is not
upgradeable -- you can't get internal bluetooth on a non "p" model.

This link provides a good summary of all the models:
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/me.nsf/US-webdocs/Spec+Sheet:+IBM+ThinkPad+T40+not
ebooks/$FILE/Ths6503d.pdf

When I bought my T40p, it seemed that the T40p was the only model that you
could buy from other retailers -- the rest had to be purchased through IBM,
and there was a backorder on the t40p at the time.  Buying from a retailer
let me get a better price -- kaanza.com gave me a good deal.

However, It seems that this has now changed:

http://tinyurl.com/fy1r

cheers,
-steve