[ltp] TFT/CPU Upgrade? T20.

Kim Hardy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:26:44 +0100

Yes it says here that the T20 has a 14.1" Hitachi LCD XGA display. The
better models use a 14.1" Hitachi LCD SXGA+ display.

Whats to stop me putting one of those in instead? :)

Kim.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org] On Behalf Of Mr. Gubbs
Sent: 04 July 2003 01:17
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: [ltp] TFT/CPU Upgrade? T20.

Hey there.

I'm considering upgrading the cpu in my T20 from a 700mhz p3 to a 1ghz
p3 with the 100mhz fsb.

It occurs to me that there shouldn't then be any reason why I cant fit a
14.1" TFT panel from a better model, one capable of 1280x1024+?

As things stand the T20 does 1024x768 and it looks like 800x600 does on
a conventional CRT monitor. Does anyone have any experience with
customising their older thinkpads or upgrading them a little
unconventionally ...?

I'd also like to just ask again regarding the mini pci cards. I found
one, but its not the Intel card IBM ships. Its designed for a dell
laptop, but I figure again, is there any reason why assuming it fits
(same number of pins) I can't use any hardware I like?

Kim.