yet another editor flamewar (was RE: [ltp] linux web publishing tool??)

Rob Bell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:11:41 -0500

mayoff@dqd.com wrote:
> This argument has been going on since (at least) the seventies, and it
> has yet to be won.  Perhaps we could move on to more Thinkpad/Linux
> related topics.
>
> To paraphrase an old(?) saying:
>
> Never get emotionally invested in your text editor, because it's a sure
> bet that your text editor ain't emotionally invested in you.

This is not a flame war.  It is a civil discussion on the merits of
editors.  True, it is off-topic and should be discontinued on the
TP/Linux list, but don't over-glamorize (or over-villify) the discussion
into being an 'argument'.  Nobody was mad at anyone here.

This is my last post on the topic.

Rob