[ltp] Re: Thinkpad R30/R31 hibernation file details - found everything.

Paul Sladen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 02:07:12 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Robos wrote:
> > I am very much interested in finding a linux way to create this file,
> It looks like it might be solved faster than I had hoped... *grin*

I've now found and figured out everything!  :-)

Just to keep you all happy and up-to-date before I go to bed;  here's some
nice colourful diagrams (on the page below) detailing the layout of the CMOS
information and a break down of the 512-byte hibernation-file header:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/thinkpad-r31/hibernation-header.html

  [May be of interest to 310/310E/315/315E/i1400/i1100/i-Series owners too]

I currently have a little program that generates [just] the header; a
project for tomorrow is extending it to handle the necessary CMOS and
partition fiddling--now that I know what needs doing!

	-Paul
--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  Nottingham, GB