[ltp] netscape 7.1 and java broken ??

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:35:48 +0100

Richard Neill wrote:

> Dan Sawyer wrote:
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I have 1.4.2 installed. Where did you find the 1.4 readme?

It says:

The Linux binaries distributed by mozilla.org are now compiled with GCC
3.2. If you're using these binaries then you will need the 3.2 version
of the Java Plugin from Sun J2SE v 1.4.2 (or the Blackdown JDK 1.4.1
compiled with GCC 3.2.) The Sun Java Plugin is compatible with modern
Linux versions like Red Hat 8 or later and SuSE 8.1 or later (the plugin
depends on a newer version of libgcc_s.so, installing the GCC
supplements for Red Hat 7.3 -GCC 3.1

I also recall that in /usr/java/j2re1.4.2/plugin/i386/ there
are some different directories: ns4/  ns610/  ns610-gcc32/
each of which contains a
libjavaplugin_oji.so

On Moz 1.4, I'm using the ns610-gcc32 version.

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.