[ltp] Getting APM support, No more standby or mouse problems

olusola omosebi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:17:33 -0400

For some time now there have been a whole lot of complains about apm, mouse,
resuming form standby and all that hanging. Well i figure it all out just a
few minutes ago.
I run Mandrake 9.1 on my thinkpad T30 and having APM support is a big relive
for me. How did i do it

I booted from Cd and as soon as the install madrake shows, hit F1,
and type "linux acpi=off apm=on"

this disable acpi and give apm full functionality. Continue with
installation and there you have it, resume and standby work wholesomely, but
hibernate does not Fn+F12

enjoy
PS

Suse 8.2 is really nice, actually i got the idea from there, but Suse is not
flexible enough, i guess i am too familiear with mandrake