[ltp] Order of system/Ultrabay battery discharge?

Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:14:20 +0200

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:52:05 +0200, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@web.de> writes:
> > On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 21:42:42 +0200, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm meditating whether to fork out the money for an Ultrabay
> >> battery. Can anybody tell me in which order the system and the
> >> Ultrabay battery are used?  In any case, I couldn't find a setting
> >> to change it.
> >
> > My A30 appears to use the battery in the UltraBay first.
>
> That's the bad answer.  What I actually would like to do is to swap
> the system battery (I have two) in my T30 while it is running off the
> Ultrabay battery.  If that is emptied first that won't help, or does
> it retain enough charge for a system battery exchange?

The machine will power off imediately if you remove the battery that is
currently in use, even if there is another battery inserted wich is not
empty. I had this effect on my A30. So a battery for the UltraBay won't
help you. Why don't you use hibernation if you want to swap the
battery?

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG