[ltp] Re: A31p Modem and Suspend

Carl Schaefer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:18:25 -0400

back in January, you wrote:

  >> 2)  Has anyone gotten the internal modem to work?  Is anyone
  >>      at IBM listening and/or working on getting this resolved.
  >
  >Could you please give some more information about the modem?

  Hi, the modem in the A31s is an Agere/Lucent Softmodem (AC'97).

  Agere is working with IBM to get a Linux driver done.  The driver is in
  process, I'm doing alpha testing now, so far looks good.  I'll be sure to
  send a note to this mailing list when it's available for the general
  public.

is this driver still in-progress, or did it get dropped?  Is the
smartlink driver the one to use instead?
thanks!
Carl