[ltp] Re: Nearing nirvana with a T40P

Ramon Casellas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:08:17 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, John Goerzen wrote:

> Neil Weisenfeld <weisen+ltp@ai.mit.edu> writes:
>
> > Well, stumbling onto the TPB thinkpad buttons program added another nice
> > feature to life under Linux w/ my T40P and the impending Atheros driver
> > makes life peachy.
>
> Is the Atheros driver really usable?  Where can I find it?  (The only
> drivers I've seen to date are able to "toggle the LEDs")

not yet.... at least for thinkpads. I've been tracking this issue in the
madwifi project mailing list. Apparently there is a bug that prevents
(among other things) Thinkpads dual a/b cards to switch modes (unable to
use mode b). Sam Leffler has finally found the bug and will be releasing a new driver real
soon now (this week or next, probably)

Regards,

Ramon Casellas
cf.