[ltp] XFree not awaking from hibernation (Re: Order of system/Ultrabay ...)

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:21:15 +0200

Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@web.de> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 15:26:32 +0200, Juergen Stuber wrote:
>> Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> writes:
>> >
>> > Why don't you use hibernation if you want to swap the battery?
>>
>> It doesn't work, I think XFree is not waking up correctly.

I just checked, it is still like that,
with the top of the X11 screen garbled.

> Do you have DRI enabled?

Yes.

> If yes, do you know of <http://cpbotha.net/dri_resume.html>?
> This fixed the problem of a freezed X server after resume from
> hibernation on my A30.

No, but I seem to have all that's mentioned there
(kernel 2.4.21 with Debian package xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk 2003.05.04-1).
Also, suspend & resume works fine.
(Without the thinkpad kernel module, with it it is unreliable.)

It seems there's a newer Radeon DRI driver in the XFree sources,
does anybody know if this fixes the hibernation problem?

The controller is a

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/