[ltp] XFree not awaking from hibernation (Re: Order of system/Ultrabay ...)

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:26:42 +0200

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 22:21:15 +0200, Juergen Stuber wrote:
> Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@web.de> writes:

> >> It doesn't work, I think XFree is not waking up correctly.
>
> I just checked, it is still like that,
> with the top of the X11 screen garbled.
>
> > Do you have DRI enabled?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If yes, do you know of <http://cpbotha.net/dri_resume.html>?
> > This fixed the problem of a freezed X server after resume from
> > hibernation on my A30.
>
> No, but I seem to have all that's mentioned there (kernel 2.4.21 with
> Debian package xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk 2003.05.04-1). Also, suspend
> & resume works fine. (Without the thinkpad kernel module, with it it
> is unreliable.)

The most important thing is that you use the radeon.o kernel module
from Charl P. Botha (or another source that includes the fix). The
module that comes with the kernel is broken.

Regards,
Tino