[ltp] hardrive suspend does not work

Frederic Gaus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:30:27 +0200

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:11:03PM -0400, Steve Krulewitz wrote:
> Martin --
>=20
> I was recently reading an article about what's coming in kernel 2.6, and =
it
> said you will be able to tweak the journal commit time in ext3, presumably
> make it shorter so the journal is committed before you spin down the driv=
e.
> Perhaps this has something to do with your problem?

You can solve the problem by mounting your ext3 partition as an
ext2-one. Or there exists an laptop-mode kernel-patch which makes
longer harddisk-spindowns possible.=20

I'm sorry for not knowing the link. I'm using softwaresuspend and that
only works together with a modified version of the patch available at
the softwaresuspend-homepage (http://sourceforge.net/projects/swsusp).=20

In connection of the bdflush settings (--> Martins Mail) you get really
long spindowns (depending on your bdflush-settings)

Hope that helps=20

Freddy