[ltp] Screen blanking and X

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
16 Jul 2003 19:15:30 -0400

I've had the same exact problem and discussed it here, but we haven't
found a solution.

For me it's RedHat 9, kernel 2.4.21rc8 (i.e. final) -ac1 on a T40P

with the radeon-cpbotha-20030405 DRI patches.

at this point I can suspend fine, but as the previous poster wrote, if
the screen blanks for any reason, then I need to switch to a text
console, Fn-F3, and then back to X in order to get the display back.
Otherwise the backlight comes on, but the display stays black.

I hate this, it's the only really nasty thing left about running
GNU/Linux on this machine.

Regards,
Neil