[ltp] In search of the perfect laptop combination

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:31:03 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 Jul 2003, Andrew Biggadike wrote:

   On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 10:34, Steve Krulewitz wrote:
   > Jim, why not go for a Thinkpad T40p?  It does not have firewire, but the new
   > iPod do USB2.  I have a iPod and I use a $25 firewire pccard without a
   > problem, although the custom cable needed for the firewire card does not
   > jive with the custom cable of the new iPods (thankfully I have a PocketDock
   > on order from http://www.sendstation.com/).

   What type of Firewire pccard are you using?  I'm about to buy one so I
   can use my (old) iPod with my T40.  I haven't found anything on the web
   about specific cards being better (or worse) for Linux .. any tips or
   recommendations?  Thanks,

What software are you using to connect to the iPod?

Ken Firestone, W3CAT     | For every problem there is one solution
kenf@speakeasy.net	 |  which is simple, neat, and wrong.
ken@firestone.net        |   -- H. L. Mencken