[ltp] In search of the perfect laptop combination

Mikael Rasmussen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:52:25 +0200

On Thursday 17 July 2003 19:31, Ken Firestone wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2003, Andrew Biggadike wrote:
>
>    On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 10:34, Steve Krulewitz wrote:
>    > Jim, why not go for a Thinkpad T40p?  It does not have firewire, but
>    > the new iPod do USB2.  I have a iPod and I use a $25 firewire pccard
>    > without a problem, although the custom cable needed for the firewire
>    > card does not jive with the custom cable of the new iPods (thankfully
>    > I have a PocketDock on order from http://www.sendstation.com/).
>
>    What type of Firewire pccard are you using?  I'm about to buy one so I
>    can use my (old) iPod with my T40.  I haven't found anything on the web
>    about specific cards being better (or worse) for Linux .. any tips or
>    recommendations?  Thanks,
>
> What software are you using to connect to the iPod?

Not sure about pccard compatibility, but you might find something useful here:
http://www.linux1394.org/cgi-bin/hcl.cgi?class_id=2

About the software for iPod, this howto helped me connect my iPod to linux i
about 5 minutes flat.(Just skip module update and kernel compile it you have
a recent distro.)
http://www.cs.duke.edu/~geha/ipod/

Regards
	Mikael