[ltp] new hard drive for a thinkpad 770z

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:28:58 -0400

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:43:49 +1000 (EST)
Mark Alexander Wotton <mwotton@cse.unsw.EDU.AU> wrote:

> I've just bought a thinkpad 770z minus a hard drive off ebay, thinking
> that I could use the drive from my current laptop, a Fujitsu 20gb. On
> disassembling the 770z, however, I couldn't find anywhere to plug in a
> standard laptop drive. Do I need some kind of hard-drive adaptor, or are
> Thinkpad hard drives simply different?

Look on ebay for a Thinkpad 770 series hard drive caddy.  That's what
you'll need to plug the drive into your 770Z.  The caddy from any
770-series laptop should do.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/