[ltp] XFree not awaking from hibernation (Re: Order of system/Ultrabay ...)

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:44:28 +0200

Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@web.de> writes:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 22:21:15 +0200, Juergen Stuber wrote:
>> Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@web.de> writes:

>> > If yes, do you know of <http://cpbotha.net/dri_resume.html>?
>> > This fixed the problem of a freezed X server after resume from
>> > hibernation on my A30.
>>
>> No, but I seem to have all that's mentioned there (kernel 2.4.21 with
>> Debian package xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk 2003.05.04-1). Also, suspend
>> & resume works fine. (Without the thinkpad kernel module, with it it
>> is unreliable.)
>
> The most important thing is that you use the radeon.o kernel module
> from Charl P. Botha (or another source that includes the fix). The
> module that comes with the kernel is broken.

Yes, that was it, many thanks.

It is now working fine, albeit a bit slow (~3 minutes full cycle,
there seems to be a hang in some apm script, but I couldn't find which).

Also thanks to all who answered on the Ultrabay battery,
now it's a no-brainer not to buy it.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>