[ltp] kernel 2.6.0-test1

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:54:54 +0200

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:24:03 +0200 (DFT) Fekete Gabor wrote:

> you mean 600e. checked a few times. everyone seems to be using
> cs4232 with older kernels.

I actually use the alsa driver (as yet only old kernel).  Has better
startup scripts and standby works flawlessly.  Don't have it here at the
moment, so I'll have to take a look at my configuration later...

> i tried it with 2.6.0 using the builtin
> alsa drivers. do you think the problem was
> that i compiled it into the kernel? because i was using the cs4232
> as a module with 2.4.21 and i had to give it a few parameters when loading
> (irq,...)

Might be a problem if a driver got stuck.  I generally prefer modules,
because you can try to load/unload them with various parameters und
check with lsmod.

I'm interested in 2.6, too, so keep on trying! ;)

cheers,
michael