[ltp] New Thinkpad w/ Linux

James Muchow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

Just a note to write that my install went great. I've got Mandrake 9.1
on a(n older, refurbushed) 390X with Win98 dual boot. Couldn't be
happier.

I even have olvwm running (guess that dates me).

The only things that are a bit of a problem (self-induced because I
didn't choose Gnome or KDE) is that Backspace seems to go back and
forth as DEL or Ctrl-H depending on the app. Also, it would be nice
to find a/the list of OpenLook resources to set along with the
other X resources.

On the other hand, I installed a Netgear wireless card yesterday.
Flawless.

Life is good.