[ltp] Linux RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 & Oracle9i on A31p

Liviu Popescu2 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:22:20 +0300

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35086.9259C539

Have anybody experienced installing Oracle9i (9.2.0.1) with RedHat AS
2.1 on an A31p?
I did it, the installation of the software, and creation of the database
seemed to be ok, but after that I couldn't restart the Oracle instance.
The error message was ora-600 ... I configured the kernel parameters,
but I got the same error.
I have to mention that I had upgraded the XFree86 to the 4.3.0 version
in order to be able to detect the video card (ATI Mobility Fire GL
7800).
Thank you.
Liviu

------
The content of this communication is classified as Mobifon SA Romania =
Confidential and Proprietary Information.The content of this =
communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity =
to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are =
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, =
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents =
of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you =
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately =
by responding to this communication then delete it from your system. We =
appreciate your assistance in preserving the confidentiality of our =
correspondence. Thank you.

Prezentul mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este =
proprietatea exclusiva a  MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai =
persoanei fizice sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara, precum si altor =
persoane autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti =
destinatarul vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, =
distribuirea sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii =
sunt strict interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala. Daca ati =
primit acest mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca =
raspuns la mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. =
Apreciem si va multumim pentru sprijinul acordat in pastrarea =
confidentialitatii corespondentei noastre.=20
------

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35086.9259C539

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6249.1">
<TITLE>Linux RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 &amp; Oracle9i on A31p</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Have anybody experienced installing =
Oracle9i (9.2.0.1) with RedHat AS 2.1 on an A31p?</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I did it, the installation of the =
software, and creation of the database seemed to be ok, but after that I =
couldn't restart the Oracle instance. The error message was ora-600 =
&#8230; I configured the kernel parameters, but I got the same =
error.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have to mention that I had upgraded =
the XFree86 to the 4.3.0 version in order to be able to detect the video =
card (ATI Mobility Fire GL 7800).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thank you.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Liviu</FONT>
</P>

----------------<br>The content of this communication is classified as =
Mobifon SA Romania Confidential and Proprietary Information.The content =
of this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual =
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. =
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any =
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on =
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be =
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please =
notify us immediately by responding to this communication then delete it =
from your system. We appreciate your assistance in preserving the =
confidentiality of our correspondence. Thank you.<br> <br>Prezentul =
mesaj constituie o Informatie confidentiala si este proprietatea =
exclusiva a  MobiFon S.A.. Mesajul se adreseaza numai persoanei fizice =
sau juridice mentionata ca destinatara, precum si altor persoane =
autorizate sa-l primeasca. In cazul in care nu sunteti destinatarul =
vizat, va aducem la cunostinta ca dezvaluirea, copierea, distribuirea =
sau initierea unor actiuni pe baza prezentei informatii sunt strict =
interzise si atrag raspunderea civila si penala. Daca ati primit acest =
mesaj dintr-o eroare, va rugam sa ne anuntati imediat, ca raspuns la =
mesajul de fata, si sa-l stergeti apoi din sistemul dvs. Apreciem si va =
multumim pentru sprijinul acordat in pastrarea confidentialitatii =
corespondentei =
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35086.9259C539--