[ltp] Linux (Red Hat 9.0) on T40p (2373-G1G to be exact)

Frank Schaeckermann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:36:27 +0200

Andrew,
I have my partition at the END of a 80GB drive... therefore the 1024
cylinder limit shouldn't apply here... Are you sure you made the
partition big enough? Memory+Video RAM+Overhead? Mine is almost 2.2GB
since the T40p potentially has 2GB of memory - even though right now I
only have 1.5GB installed - and 64MB Video-Ram. I figured 136MB overhead
should be plenty if I ever install more memory. Try to delete the 'a0'
partition (thus making place in the partition table) maybe shrink your
Windows partition some more to make sure there is enough space on the
disk as well, re-boot the CD and try to let it create the partition.

Other than that I wouldn't know either...

Frank