[ltp] Cisco Aironet on IBM T30

Ben Ransford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:44:28 -0400

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Vipul Ved Prakash wrote:
> Thanks for all the responses. I am going to try out various
> combinations and report progress tomorrow. One question: Is there any
> way to tell what firmware I have from Linux? The firmware related
> utils on the Cisco site seem to be Windows only.

cat /proc/driver/mpi350/Status will work once you've successfully loaded
the mpi350 module.  look for the "Firmware Version:" line.  there's some
other nice information in there as well.

(note: i have a T30 with Red Hat 9, card firmware 5.00.01 [.03 wouldn't
 work for me] and kernel 2.4.20.  sometimes the wireless connection just
 disappears, but i think that's a heat problem.  one in ten ifup's i have
 to re-insmod mpi350, and sometimes this freezes the machine.)

-ben

--
(* http://ben.ransford.org/ *)