[ltp] Thinkpad T23, dock, & linux

James D Thomas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:24:37 -0400

I have a T23 very happily running RH 9. I'm toying with the idea of
buying the appropriate dock (model 2631, I believe) but have concerns
about linux compatability. Does anyone have any experience using the dock
under linux?

1) Any general compatability problems?

2) Can you "hot-plug" into the dock, or do you have to shutdown and
reboot?

3) Has anyone run a multimonitor set-up with the laptop LCD as one
monitor, and another monitor driven by a video card inside the dock? If
you could do this, I guess you could get a dual-headed card and run two
external monitors.

I'm motivated primarily by the desire to run a multimonitor setup off of
my laptop.

Thanks.