[ltp] 770X TFT

Christopher Gavin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:01:29 +0000

I have a 770X and I'm not sure if the panel is 'dogey' or not.

The colours all appear to be fine, but white appears as a slightly yellow/off white.

Is this just a feature of these older technology panels?

Its 1280x1024 in 16 bit and the whites look white at an extreme viewing angle (ie the thing is folded right out and I look down on it) but upright from desk height it all looks to be tinted yellow.

Its not a string tint, the brightness is still fine, and there's no flicker.

Could it just be an 'aged' panel? Perhaps owned by a smoker or someone who cleaned it with furniture polish?

Or am is it a tell tale sign of something more progressively fatal?

Cheers.

Chris.