[ltp] 770X TFT

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:46:58 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Christopher Gavin wrote:

> I'd say the problems are always the same - lack of parts. I have not found a single dealer/auctioneer with new parts to sell.
> The spare panel I did find was quoted at 376 Uk Pounds. I only paid 200 for this unit ..

On eBay, various model 770 screens go for between $20 and about $60 U.S. If
this is a 14.1" 1024x768 screen, then I *think* it's interchangeable between
the 770X, the 770Z, and some 770s.

Swapping out the screen is a fairly simple operation, and I covered the
procedure in a post to the group earlier in the week.

Good luck.