[ltp] R Series

Jérôme linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:03:12 +0200

I just bought a R40 thinkpad, P4M 1.9, ati radeon 7000 (top sellers)...
Everything worked nice, except the installation of debian SID for which
I had to install woody then dist-upgrade...
Audio is ok (i810_audio), net OK (e100), vesafb for console framebuffer,
acpi or apm worked great (suspend with APM and NO radeonfb module), I
have no wifi card.
The autonomy seems great but for speedstep and other advanced cpu
scaling functionnality you may consider trying a 2.6 kernel.
I have no fan nor exhausts under the laptop... Mine is on top left corner.

--
* Jérôme Andrieux * j-andrieux@laposte.net *
Sunday	07/27/03