[ltp] R40 - acpi - CPU temp

Jérôme linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:07:12 +0200

As I bought my new comp recently, a R4O with a P4M 1.9G and assuming I'm
an regular AMD user, I was wondering about the CPU temp on my laptop...
I enable ACPI in the kernel (2.4.21) and installed acpid (debian SID
version) and I did a $cat /proc/acpi/thermal/0/status
It returned a temperature : 3322dK
I interpreted it as deci Kelvin assuming that Temp in °kelvin = Temp in
°Celsius - 273
The temp in C is 59.2°C (332.2-273)
I found this really high and was wondering if I had something else to
check ... The fan was apparently not working, it does however
sometimes... Do I have to set some things for acpid, is that normal, is
the value returned correct?
Please, enlight me :)
--
* Jérôme Andrieux * j-andrieux@laposte.net *