[ltp] Upgrading hardware on i series 1200 Thinkpad

Jim Hughes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:59:29 +0000

Hello all,

I have a question that hopefully someone can help me with.  I am wanting to=
 change out the internal modem on my thinkpad.  I have looked up some inf=
ormation and from what I can tell, I think that it is possible.

The modem plugs into a socket that is on the motherboard.  The network conn=
ection is already built-in the machine.  All I had to do was remove a plu=
g from it.  If I go ahead and buy the card and swap out the modem for the=
 new network card, will it work with RH9?  As of right now I do not know =
what chipset the card has.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,

Jim