[ltp] External Video on T30

Diego Zamboni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
02 Jun 2003 16:48:18 +0200

> You may try the XRANDR extension from XFree 4.3. It supports switching
> resolution at run time, maybe it also works for Xinerama. I don't know though
> because I don't have Xinerama enabled. QT supports it with some patches, and
> native in QT 3.2 (beta). KDE has a kcmxrandr module in CVS (kdenonbeta).

Sadly, I haven't been able to get it to work. As per the logs,
everything goes OK:

(**) Option "Xinerama" "on"
(**) Xinerama: enabled
(==) RandR enabled
(II) Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
(II) Initializing built-in extension RANDR

But xdpyinfo does not show RANDR, and xrandr fails with:

Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".

I seem to remember that when I wasn't using Xinerama, RANDR was enabled.
Maybe RANDR and Xinerama cannot coexist?

--Diego